Tasty Sandwich Ideas
Finger Food For Baby Shower Menus
Tasty Sandwich Ideas make delicious baby shower finger foods ...
baby shower food ideas to delight your guests!
Delicious ideas for sandwiches that make perfect brunch, lunch
or casual food for baby shower menus.
Sandwich Idea Favorites
Tasty Tuna Sandwich With A Twist!
Open-Faced Tuna Sandwiches with Arugula and
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely diced sweet pickles (about 2 pickles)
- 4 (4 to 6-ounce) albacore tuna steaks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for drizzling, plus 1/4 cup
- 4 teaspoons herbs de Provence
- 4 slices sharp white Cheddar
- 1 (1-pound) loaf ciabatta bread, halved horizontally (see Cook's Note)
- 2 cups arugula, thinly sliced
For the mayonnaise: In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and sweet pickles until smooth.
For the sandwiches: Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Season the tuna with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the herbs de Provence. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Place a slice of cheese on each piece of fish during the last minute of grilling. Using a pastry brush, brush the bottom half of the bread with 1/4 cup of olive oil. Cut into 4 pieces, each about 4-inches long and 3-inches wide. Grill, cut side down, for 30 seconds to 1 minute until toasted and golden.
Spread the grilled bread with the sweet pickle mayonnaise. Place a tuna steak on top. Top with the arugula and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Cook's Note: Make the leftover top half of the ciabatta into croutons by cutting into 1-inch pieces, drizzling with olive oil and baking for 10 to 12 minutes in a preheated 375 degree F oven. Alternatively, tear the bread into small pieces, allow to dry, and blend in a food processor to make bread crumbs.
Sandwich Idea For The Meat Lovers ...
Mini Open Faced Steak Sandwiches on
Garlic Bread with Aged Provolone and Parsley Oil
- 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter
- 6 cloves roasted garlic, pureed
- 12 slices French bread, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 6 slices aged provolone cheese, halved lengthwise, cut 1/4-inch thick
- Steak, recipe follows
- Parsley oil, recipe follows
Heat the grill. Mix together the butter and garlic puree and season with salt and pepper.
Brush 1 side of the bread with a tablespoon of the butter and place on the grill, butter side down and grill until golden brown; turn over, top with the cheese and grill for 30 seconds longer or until the cheese melts.
Place the garlic bread on a platter and top the cheese with a few thin slices of the beef and drizzle with the parsley oil.
- 1 boneless rib-eye, about 16 ounces
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Remove the steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Heat grill to high.
Brush steak on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over and continue grilling to medium-rare doneness. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Mix together ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Yield: 12 mini sandwiches
And ... A "No-Meat" Sandwich Idea ...
Roasted Peppers And Cheese ... Yum!
Roasted Pepper and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
- 4 large red or yellow bell peppers, preferably Holland
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 large ciabatta bread, halved horizontally
- 1 (11-ounce) garlic-and-herb or plain goat cheese (recommended: Montrachet) at room temperature
- 8 to 10 large basil leaves
- 3 thin slices red onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Place the whole peppers on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, turning them twice during roasting. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately cover it tightly with aluminum foil. Set aside for 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cool enough to handle.
Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
Remove the stem from each pepper and cut them in quarters. Remove the peels and seeds and place the peppers in a bowl along with any juices that have collected. Discard the stems, peels, and seeds. Pour the oil and vinegar mixture over the peppers. Stir in the capers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
To assemble the sandwiches, spread the bottom half of the loaf with the goat cheese. Add a layer of peppers and then a layer of basil leaves. Separate the onions into rings and spread out on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with the top half of the ciabatta and cut into individual servings.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Finger Foods ... Taste Tempting Varieties!
Looking for sandwich ideas that are easy to handle?
These finger sandwiches and tea sandwich ideas make great finger food for your baby shower menus. Pair baby shower finger foods up with a light soup or salad for a menu to wow
Italian Finger Food ... Bellissimo Sandwich Idea
Italian Club Finger Sandwiches
- 6 slices thin cut white bread (such as, Pepperidge Farm Thin White Sandwich Bread)
- 1 cup soft, spreadable herb cheese (such as, Alouette)
- 8 slices prosciutto di Parma
- 12 leaves fresh arugula or basil (spicy vs. sweet)
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
Trim all crusts from bread. Spread 4 slices with herb soft cheese. Top each cheese covered slice with 2 slices each of prosciutto, 3 leaves of arugula, thinly sliced tomatoes seasoned with a pinch of salt. Place a completed layer a top another, making 2 stacks each 2 layers high. Set the final trimmed bread slices in place, making 2 triple-decker sandwiches. Thinly slice and salt the radishes. Pierce a couple of thin slices of radish on each toothpick as you place 4 toothpicks in each sandwich. Cut each sandwich into 4 equal parts, cutting the sandwich across evenly on each side. The yield will be 8 triple-decker, square-shaped, "club" finger sandwiches, 2 per portion.
Yield: 4 servings
Tea Sandwich Ideas Make Delicious And Decorative
Food For Baby Shower Menus
Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf dense 7-grain or health bread, unsliced
- 8 slices smoked salmon
For the herb butter, combine all the butter ingredients in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat until mixed, but do not whip.
For the sandwiches, have the store slice the bread lengthwise on a meat slicer into 1/4-inch-thick slices. (If that isn't possible, you can slice it crosswise with a very sharp knife.)
Lay out 8 slices of bread and spread them all with a thin layer of herb butter. Place smoked salmon on 4 of the slices. Top with the other 4 slices of bread, butter side down. Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and wrap with plastic. Refrigerate until the butter is very cold. Place the sandwiches on a cutting board. With a very sharp knife, cut off the crusts, cut each large sandwich in half crosswise, and then cut each half diagonally twice to make a total of 8 small triangles. (If the bread was cut crosswise, follow the assembly directions, then cut off the crusts and cut diagonally, twice, to make 4 small triangles.) Serve chilled.
Yield: 32 sandwiches
Very Easy Chicken Salad
And Chicken Tea Sandwich Ideas
Chicken Salad Tea Sandwich
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shallot
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
Sandwich toasted white bread with the chicken salad, watercress and sliced cornichons. Trim the crusts and cut into pieces. Top with more cornichons.
Delectable Tea Sandwich Ideas ...
... With Yummy Variations
- 24 bread slices (recommended: white, rye, whole grain, pumpernickel, or a combination)
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- Special Equipment: 3-inch round cookie cutter
Using a round cookie cutter, cut out the center of the bread, removing the crusts.
Guacamole Chicken Tea Sandwiches:
Take a piece of the bread and, using a butter knife, spread 1 side of it with guacamole. Spread 1 side of another piece of bread with mayonnaise. Top guacamole with chicken and then the mayonnaise-smeared bread.
Chive Cream Cheese and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches:
Mix chives into the softened cream cheese. Spread 1 side of 1 slice of bread with the chive cream cheese. Top with a few slices of cucumber and then with another slice of bread.
Prosciutto Melon Tea Sandwiches:
Place prosciutto on 1 slice of bread. Top with some melon and another slice of bread.
Yield: 12 sandwiches, 4 of each type
Many Thanks to our friends at The Food Network for these tasty sandwich ideas that make great food for baby shower menus!
Return to Baby Shower Food Ideas
Return to Unique Baby Shower Gifts and Planning Ideas
Tasty Sandwich Ideas Top Of Page