Important Baby Shower Planning Tips
Find important points to keep in mind during baby shower planning in our list below of more tips for planning a baby shower.
The best time to have the shower is usually in the last trimester of the pregnancy, but it's not uncommon to have it sooner, or even after the baby is born. But, in the third trimester a pregnancy is well established and usually safe from complications, such as a miscarriage. This can make for an uncomfortable situation for all involved when throwing a shower too early. Planning a baby shower requires open lines of communication, especially if you have a co-host. And most importantly, of course, with Mom-To-Be. So if you decide to have a co-host, weekly meetings will help immensely with planning your progress.
Ask Mom-To-Be for a list of guests, phone numbers and addresses, if sending invitations via mail. Email addresses if using e-vites.
Finalize the guest list, then decide on a date, time and location.
Keep Organized ... print out our baby shower planning guide to help you keep on schedule.
Plan the budget, keeping in mind the following costs:
- Payment for a hall, restaurant private room rental or rented park pavilion, if not hosting in your home.
- Invitations and postage. Be sure to include Thanks You cards, as well.
- Food and drinks, including alcohol, if serving to guests. (Remember ... 'virgins' for Mom-To-Be.)
- Tableware, including serving dishes, cups, plates, utensils ... colorful or themed paper and plastic is a great option.
- Decorations, games, favors and prizes.
- The Cake, and optional baby shower cookies, cupcakes and candy.
Tip: Keep It Simple. Try not to center the shower around games that would make some guests run for the door! Perhaps focus on projects or crafts that become keepsakes for the baby, or spa treatments like manicures and pedicures.
Or, even reflexology as activity. Make it a unique baby shower experience for Mom-To-Be and all of your guests. Check out our "A" List of Baby Shower Theme Ideas.
Return to Planning a Baby Shower
Return to Unique Baby Shower Gifts and Planning Ideas